Abbott Associates offers both stock and custom peelable pouches made with DuPont™ Tyvek® sealed to multilayered flexible film. DuPont™ Tyvek® provides superior protection: it resists bacterial and moisture penetration, peels cleanly, is tear and puncture resistant, is compatible with leading sterilization technologies, and has an extended shelf life.
Typically, pouches for this type of application are for protecting low-profile, lightweight medical devices or components to ensure they maintain sterility until opened.
Pouches are available as either custom printed or unprinted. Choices in pouch construction include:
- Tyvek® grade either 1073B or 1059B
- whether or not the Tyvek® is heat seal coated
- film material and gauge (I.e: 2.0 LDPE/0.48 PET is common)
- chevron peel or corner peel style
- thumb notch, hang hole, etc…
- printing may be single or multi color
Many other possible custom materials and configurations of pouch construction are available too.
Please give us a call so we can offer our assistance with your medical packaging needs. Request our stock pouch list for a description of sizes and constructions which we typically inventory.