Abbott Associates offers square cut and die cut Tyvek® brand medical packaging. DuPont™ Tyvek® is the industry standard for disposable medical packaging in the U.S. because it offers the highest form of protection and durability. This is due to its strength, puncture resistance, moisture resistance, sterilization process compatibility, excellent microbial barrier, and extended shelf life.
Medical grades 1073B and 1059B of Tyvek® are readily available with a varety of Popular 100% heat seal coatings. These materials are printed and converted into custom lids for use with thermoplastic trays. The hight quality manufacturing process is performed in a tightly controlled “white room” environment with experienced personnel.
Some notable characteristics of heat seal coated DuPont™ Tyvek® brand medical Packaging:
- Heat seal coatings are water based and solvent free.
- Heat seal coatings have 100% coverage on one side for controlled uniform porosity.
- Common methods of sterilization include ethylene oxide (EtO), gamma radiation, and electron beam.
- Sealing performance results in clean peelable fiber free bonds with visual confirmation of seal integrity and reduced risk of contamination by airborne particulate.
- Heat sealable to a wide array of semi-rigid thermoplastic tray materials.
- Printable on both the uncoated and coated side.
Please contact us for further information regarding these materials. Technical documentation such as product data sheets, Dupont™ Medical Packaging Technical Reference Guide, or Tyvek® MSDS is available upon request.
Other coatings, grades, and materials are also available by special order. (Maybe your company wants to start using Asuron™, the newest grade of Dupont™ Tyvek® as part of its medical device packaging.) Just give us a call to find out more.